NewsFG Assures Abuja-Kaduna Train Passengers Of Safety

FG Assures Abuja-Kaduna Train Passengers Of Safety


November 29, (THEWILL) – The Federal Government has said the security features on the Abuja-Kaduna train will guarantee maximum safety of passengers.

Minister of Transportation, Mu’azu Jaji Sambo, gave the assurance during an inspection tour of security features and other measures put in place to protect passengers ahead of its planned resumption of services.

The minister was accompanied by his counterparts in Water Resources, Engr. Suleiman Hussein Adamu; Transportation, Prince Ademola Adegoroye; Chairman Governing Board Nigeria Railway Corporation, Ibrahim Musa, Directors of the Federal Ministry of Transportation and the Managing Director of the Nigerian Railway Corporation, Fidet Okhiria.


Sambo said the train service on the corridor is 90 per cent ready and assured that the remaining 10 per cent would be achieved in the next couple of days.

The Minister, who said the introduction of NIN would help check cases of racketeering, also hinted at slight changes in the mode of operation of Services, adding that the number of trips will be reduced.

Sambo also said passengers should expect some increase in fares.

He said a panel consultation with the management of the Nigeria Railway Cooperation and the management of the ministry is ongoing.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More like this

Haaland’s Injury Could Impact City’s EPL, FA Cup, Champions League Campaigns

March 21, (THEWILL) - Erling Haaland has been ruled...

Wolves Midfielder Nunes Available For Next Three Games After FA Overturn Red Card

March 21, (THEWILL) - The England Football Association has...

Morocco, Spain, Portugal Launch First Transcontinental Bid For World Cup

March 21, (THEWILL) - Morocco has announced a joint...